Effective: 1st November 2021
Aqaversant strives to follow these concepts when it processes personal information:
- Transparency. We tell you what we are collecting. We disclose the subprocessors that we use to provide the Aqaversant Services. We do not give, sell, rent, or loan personal information to third parties.
- Purpose limitation. We process personal information for the reasons that we tell you when collecting it (or that you tell us). We collect what is necessary to fulfill that purpose.
- Security. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information.
- Individuals rights. We provide you with access to your personal information and allow you to exercise your rights in that information. Opt-out requests are promptly honored.
What information does Aqaversant process?
“Personal information” is information or an information set that identifies or could be used by or on behalf of Aqaversant to identify an individual.
We process the following personal information: name, username, address, email, phone, IP address, LinkedIn url, social media handles, credit card, and payment information. Aqaversant does not seek to collect any sensitive data through the Aqaversant Services (e.g., health status; political opinions or religious/philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; or racial or ethnic origin).
“Other information” is any information that is not personal information. Other information includes:
- “Usage Data” is encoded or anonymized information or aggregated data about a group or category of services, features, or users which does not contain personal information. Usage Data helps us understand trends in usage of the Aqaversant Services so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor the Aqaversant Services. In addition, we may share Usage Data with customers, partners, and service providers for various purposes which include helping us better understand our customers’ needs, improving the Aqaversant Services, as well as for advertising and marketing purposes. We do not share Usage Data with third parties in a way that would enable them to identify you personally.
- “Log files” are information gathered from website usage which includes internet protocol addresses as well as browser, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer and maintain the Aqaversant Services, or track usage of various features within the Aqaversant Services. Occasionally (e.g., in response to an error, inquiry, investigations), we may link a specific log file to an individual to improve the Aqaversant Services.
- “Web beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track online movements of internet users. Unlike cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on websites. We also employ web beacons to help us better manage content in the Aqaversant Services by informing us what content is effective or which emails have been opened by recipients. For more details about how we use web beacons, please see our Cookie Notice below.
Why does Aqaversant process personal information?
We need to process personal information to provide the Aqaversant Services.
When you register for the Aqaversant Product, we ask for personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
Depending on the purpose it is collected for, Aqaversant uses that information to:
- Schedule a demo
- Set up your account
- Administer your account, including identification, authentication, usage monitoring, security, logging, and back-ups
- Provide you with technical support
- Send you newsletters or other marketing materials
- Answer your questions or suggestions
- Interact with you via social media
- Facilitate payment for your subscription
- Improve the content and functionality of the Aqaversant Services
In all cases, Aqaversant has a legal basis for processing personal information and the most common ones are: consent; necessary for the performance of (or at your request prior to entering into) a contract with Aqa; or there is a legitimate interest:
You’ve asked us to
As a customer, you may ask us to process personal information as part of a contractual arrangement (e.g., DPA). In that case, we will only process information for the express purpose that you authorize us to.
When we are legally compelled to disclose it
Aqaversant may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, lawful requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may also share such information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Aqaversant is not processing your personal data when you link or integrate with a third-party application website
The Aqaversant Services contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we do not determine and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites or applications. Once clicked or enabled, those third parties may share certain information with Aqaversant We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Aqaversant Services and to check the privacy settings and notices of those third parties to understand what data may be disclosed or processed.
Who does Aqaversant share personal information with?
Aqaversant uses subprocessors to assist with the delivery of the Service. These subprocessors have access to personal information only to assist Aqaversant to process that data as you have authorized. All subprocessors are subject to a check in which Aqaversant reviews privacy, security, and confidentiality practices. Aqaversant currently uses the following subprocessors to assist it in providing its automatic quality assurance service:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (Cloud service provider) (US)
- Google Inc. (Cloud service provider) (US)
- Hubspot Inc. (Cloud-based marketing services) (US)
- Stripe, Inc. (Cloud-based payment services) (US)
Aqaversant does not sell Personal Information.
How long is personal information retained?
Aqaversant will retain personal information we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide Aqaversant Services to our customers, subject to our compliance with this Policy (and your rights as you choose to exercise them). We may further retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and for legitimate interests.
What rights do you have to personal information?
Access, Correction, Objection, and Portability Rights
You have the right to request access to, rectification of errors in, or erasure of your personal information. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to receive a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. For individuals in the EU, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you may always lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise the above rights, you can update or change the personal information you have provided Aqaversant by logging into the Aqaversant Product and providing such additional information where applicable. Be advised that there may be legal conditions or limitations on these rights. If you have additional questions about exercising these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing communications from us, either email us at email@example.com or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
What are Aqaversant’s data protection obligations?
Security of personal information
Aqaversant is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information through reasonable and appropriate measures to protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.
We utilize precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information within the Aqaversant Services, by employing technological, physical and administrative security safeguards, such as firewalls and other security procedures. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials and all your activity on the Aqaversant Product platform), we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security technology (TLS). These technologies, procedures, and other measures are used in an effort to ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those you authorized to access your data. However, no internet, email, or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error-free, so you should take care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
Privacy Shield notice
Aqaversant complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the United States in reliance on Privacy Shield (collectively, “Privacy Shield”). Aqaversant has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles (under both the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework) with respect to such information. In cases where Aqaversant receives personal information under Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers it to a third party subprocessor, Aqaversant potentially remains responsible if personal information is processed in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles.
If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program and to view our certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Aqaversant commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Individuals in the European Union, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first email Aqaversant at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a complaint remains unresolved, Aqaversant has committed to refer such Privacy Shield complaints through the applicable Data Protection Authorities.
Contact details for the EU data protection authorities.
Contact details for the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Contact details for the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) for individuals in Switzerland.
Aqaversant will cooperate with the appropriate Data Protection Authorities during investigation and resolution of complaints brought under Privacy Shield. These recourse mechanisms are available at no cost to you.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Aqa’s compliance with this Policy and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. As a last resort, privacy complaints that remain unresolved after pursuing the above channels may be subject to binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created jointly by the US Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
No use of Aqaversant by minors
Aqaversant does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals below the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from an individual under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe Aqaversant might have any personal information from or about a child under 18, please contact email@example.com.
California privacy rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. You have the right to know that we may have collected the following Personal Information directly from you:
|Category of Personal Information||Purpose for collection||Disclosed for a business purpose?||Sold for a business purpose?|
|Identifiers (ex. name, online identifier, email, name, username, address, email, phone, social media handles or urls)||Performing services at your request, which include facilitating your access to and use of the Aqaversant Services and responding to direct communications||Yes — only to services providers /subprocessors listed in the “Who does Aqaversant share personal information with?” section above||No|
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer records statute (ex. name, email, address, telephone number, credit card number, payment information, education, employment history)||Performing services at your request, which include facilitating your access to and use of the Aqaversant Services and reviewing employment applications||Yes — only to services providers /subprocessors listed in the “Who does Aqaversant share personal information with?” section above||No|
|Internet activity (ex. details about interactions with the Aqaversant Services)||Administering and maintaining the Aqaversant Services, including linking a log file to an individual to improve the Aqaversant Services.||Yes — only to services providers /subprocessors listed in the “Who does Aqaversant share personal information with?” section above||No|
|Geolocation data (ex. IP address)||Verifying U.K sanctions compliance||No|
|Professional or employment-related information||Performing services at your request, which include reviewing employment applications||No|
Aqaversant does not sell Personal Information
California residents have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. After we receive and verify your request, we will disclose:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for that Personal Information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected; and
- If we sold or disclosed that Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists of what was sold and what was disclosed and the categories of Personal Information in each case.
You also have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information from our records and direct any service providers to delete that Personal Information from their records. After we receive and verify your request, we will delete that Personal Information unless a legal exception applies.
Any request to exercise your CCPA rights should be submitted either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your above rights, including: denying you access to the Aqaversant Product; charging you a different price to access the Aqaversant Product; providing you a different level of service; or suggesting that you may receive a different price or level of service.
When does Aqaversant update this Policy?
We may change this Policy from time to time. We will post the changes to this page. If we make changes that materially alter your privacy rights, Aqaversant will provide additional notice. If you disagree with changes to this Policy, you should deactivate your account for the Aqaversant Product. Your continued use of the Aqaversant Services constitutes your agreement to be bound by such changes to this Policy.
Who can you contact with questions about privacy?
To exercise any of the rights mentioned in this Policy or if you have questions regarding this Policy, please email us at email@example.com.
What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small software file stored temporarily or placed on your computer’s hard drive. The main purpose of a cookie is to allow a web server to identify your computer and web browser and then tailor web pages and login information to your preferences. Cookies last for one of two time periods:
- “Session-based cookies” last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
- “Persistent cookies” last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Cookies help us promptly display the information you need to use the capabilities of the Aqaversant Services and other information which we consider to be of interest to you. Cookies do not typically contain personal information but can be linked to personal information that you have already provided us. By gathering and remembering information about your website preferences through cookies, we can provide a better web and marketing experience.
Yes. When you use the Aqaversant Services, we utilize session cookies, which allow us to uniquely identify your browser while you are logged in and to process your online transactions. Session cookies disappear from your computer when you close your web browser or turn off your computer.
We also utilize persistent cookies to identify you as an Aqaversant customer, agent, or end user and make it easier for you to log into and use the Aqaversant Services. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your web browser or turn off your computer.
The above-described cookies are further categorized as follows:
- “Essential cookies” are critical to the functionality of the Aqaversant Services. We use these cookies to keep a user logged into the Aqaversant Product and remember relevant information when the user returns to the Aqaversant Services.
- “Functional cookies” track users’ activities in the Aqaversant Services, understand their preferences, and improve their user experience. These cookies can also be used to remember customizable configurations of the Aqaversant Services.
- Third-party providers serve a variety of “marketing cookies” that enable us to track and analyze usage, navigation, and other statistical information from visitors to the Aqaversant Website. This information alone is not personal information, though it can be associated with personal information. Marketing cookies are also used to track the performance of our advertisements and are employed by third-party advertising networks that we utilize. These ad networks follow online activities of visitors to the Aqaversant Website and use this information to inform, optimize, and serve tailored advertisements on the Aqaversant Website or on other websites you visit that we believe would most effectively promote the Aqaversant Services to you. We also use third parties to collect information that assists us in other methods of “remarketing” our Aqaversant Services to visitors to the Aqaversant Website, including customized email communications.
What cookies does Aqaversant use in the Aqaversant Services?
Aqaversant uses the following cookies in the Aqaversant Services:
|Aqaversant sessions and login||Essential||Session||Aqaversant|
|Aqaversant performance||Essential||Various under 1 day||Aqaversant|
|Aqaversant videos||Essential||2 years||YouTube|
|Aqaversant support sessions||Essential||Various under 1 year||Aqaversant|
|Aqaversant billing||Essential||Various under 1 year||Aqaversant, Stripe|
|Aqaversant analytics||Functional||Various under 2 years||Aqaversant|
|Analytics||Marketing||Various under 2 years||Aqaversant, Google|
|Advertising||Marketing||Various under 2 years|
|Advertising||Marketing||Various under 2 years||Bing|
|Advertising||Marketing||Various under 90 days||Aqaversant|
|Advertising||Marketing||Various under 2 years|
|Advertising||Marketing||Various under 2 years|
Aqaversant restricts the use of marketing cookies in the Aqaversant Product. Aqaversant does not use marketing cookies on pages that display your data quality test information. Aqaversant does use the above Google Analytics cookies on some public pages such as login screens. If consent is required for any of those cookies and consent has not already been received, then the cookie will not be set.
Can cookies be turned off?
If you want to learn more about cookies or how to control or delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. In addition, certain third-party advertising networks, including Google, permit users to opt out of or customize preferences associated with your internet browsing. Visit Google to learn more about this feature.
Please note that if you do elect to disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you may not be able to access or take advantage of many features of the Aqaversant Services.
It is our hope that you find the display of advertising to you based on your anonymous interests valuable. If you would prefer not to participate in the services offered through these solutions, you can always opt-out of tailored advertising for services that support opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website.
How does Aqaversant respond to Do Not Track signals?
Currently, there is no consensus on what “Do Not Track” means and how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. For that reason, we do not respond to those signals. Be advised that third parties linked from or integrated with the Aqaversant Services set their own policies regarding responses to Do Not Track signals.